My name is Melissa. I'm so excited to be the Natick DanceFIT Spokesperson! My husband and I have lived in Natick for over six years. I've been attending classes at DanceFIT for just over three - shortly after the studio opened. I took a break recently due to the birth of our daughter, but I'm so excited to be back! My daughter is just over two months now. When Gina announced 6FIT would be starting, I was so happy! As a new mom, it's been difficult to make time to work out and eat healthy. There are always things to do and it's hard to make anything for me a priority. Now that my daughter is getting into a more predictable pattern, I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine of my own. 6FIT will be the perfect way to get back to making better choices!
I've participated in 2-3 other 6FITs and I always have such positive experiences. Each time ,we're asked to set goals. My main goal this go around is to lose the rest of the baby weight. I've heard the last ten pounds can be the hardest! I'm also setting a goal to meal prep each week. It was one of my favorite parts of prior 6FITs. I always make better choices with my meals and snacks when things are ready to go and easily accessible.
I have a huge sweet tooth, so I'm also hoping to get that in control. During my third trimester, I had to closely watch my diet. I was so good about restricting sweets and eating healthy, but life became chaotic once my daughter arrived and I fell back into bad habits. I'm looking forward to moving back to the 80/20 rule!
I'm really looking forward to this challenge for many reasons:
1. Get back into the studio and get support from an incredible team. I've had awesome teammates each challenge who really make the challenges more fun and are a huge motivation. Here's my team last challenge (Yay team Kale):
2. Try new classes -there have been so many added since I last took classes. I'm especially looking forward to trying some virtual classes with my new workout buddy.
3. Buy better ingredients to make healthy meals. The Natick Farmer's Market is so great for this. I can't wait until they start having more fresh veggies in a few weeks!
4. Meal prep! This always makes life so much easier for me and my husband. Planning and easy access make us far more likely t eat better throughout the week.
5. Spend more time with my sister taking classes (she's another DanceFIT fan) and a huge supporter who helps me whenever I take on a new challenge -DanceFIT or otherwise. She's expecting her first child in the fall and has been a huge motivation seeing how awesome she's doing with her workouts throughout her pregnancy.
What are you looking forward to most about this 6FIT?
Mom of 3, wife, business owner, ballet teacher and fitness instructor. Trying hard to raise healthy, happy and grateful children while running the studio of my dreams. Trying to stay FIT, flexible, stylish and take care of myself in the process!