I teach a lot of dance and fitness classes, some days 5 classes in a row! That is a lot of sweating. I also drink a lot of coffee! I need more water in my life.
And so do you!
Dancer or not, there are 100000% reasons why you should drink more water. Adequate hydration is an essential part of my ballet nutrition. Water makes up almost 60% of our body weight.
When I am dehydrated I am tired, and I lose my posture and form. When I drink water, I feel happier. I know that sounds weird, but dehydration can lead to grumpiness! When I am dehydrated my skin looks dry and wrinkled...well, yes, the wrinkles are coming with age, and lack of sleep ha, but more water helps my complexion maintain a fresh, soft and smooth appearance. In pilates, ballet and my cardio workouts my muscles don't perform well if they are lacking nutrients and proper hydration.
Drink water so you can feel stronger and have a more effective workout.
A few tips that help me stay hydrated:
1) Start the day with it: I drink a water bottle while my morning coffee is brewing
2) Add fruit: I add a couple frozen raspberries. It looks fancy and adds a bit of flavor.
3) Keep it with you: My water bottle is ALWAYS with me!
4) Keep track. I'm a dork and keep a tally in my paper planner. I know there are some great apps for tracking your intake too.
5) Drink a glass with each meal.
6) End your day with water.
Do you drink enough water? Please share with me your hydration tips!
Mom of 3, wife, business owner, ballet teacher and fitness instructor. Trying hard to raise healthy, happy and grateful children while running the studio of my dreams. Trying to stay FIT, flexible, stylish and take care of myself in the process!